Friday, December 11, 2009

Nolan is quite the young man now

At some point I have to either start blogging regularly or shut-r-down...
A couple of stories while I waffle about which to do.....

STORY 1:
a few night ago Nolan, almost asleep, forced his eyes open and said plaintively...

"Mommy, do the days just keep coming, day after day after day after day... after day?"

So, finding that a more than a bit depressing, I force-cheerfully said "Yes honey! Think of all the fun things to learn and do in all those days!!"

"But how do you keep from dying?"

"Honey, you don't have to worry about that for so very long.... everyone is doing really well and is healthy, no one is about to die at all."


"But, mom, how do you not die, REALLY?"


"Eat healthy and exercise, and take care of yourself. And we also take care of each other and love each other- that helps too."

Pause.

"Do I have to eat begetables?"


STORY 2

Tonight, Nolan was pretty tired and so was I - post work MAJOR headache- so we chilled, we watched treehouse, reviewed the alphabet he wrote out with Crissy, listened to his music lesson CD...

Then in the tub, he did his spinning trick with the gold and black bowl (it's cool), mixed bubble soup, was exceedingly tired and crabby, and we brushed our teeth. ("I wish there was no such thing as sugar bugs" he grumbled as we trudged to the sink to brush.)

Going to bed, he selected a Backyardigans book, and then seized by a thought, grabs a small gift wrapped style jewelery box from one of his drawers. He tried to fit various things into it, and is annoyed when my blackberry doesn't fit. "I need to give you a present!" So we quickly go back to the jewelry drawer and I tell him to grab something he has not seen me wear....he tucked something into the box, ceremoniously sits me down, and says "This is thanksgiving for you being the best mom in the universe because you love me and I love you so much.... And, mom, is this the first present I have given you???"

"Well, honey it's the first one you picked out and put in a gift box all by yourself! I REALLY love it."
Not the first present though - I have gotten so many gifts from this little person already.

It was a brooch with rhinestones and pearls and a broken clasp.
I don't know where it came from, and I have never worn it before, but now it's my favorite piece of jewelery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home