Tuesday, May 12, 2009

After a long hiatus...Mother's Day.

I will do some photos and maybe videos soon. Nolan has grown up SO MUCH. He is delightful and perhaps excessively bossy, polite, well spoken, and still affectionate to the point of bruising me occasionally, and sometimes he just lays on top of me bonelessly relaxed watching Treehouse together. Don't get me started on the insanely strong Chuggingtons obsessions...talking trains, but with better music than Thomas and some REALLY cool trains, and plotlines involving ice cream and animals....

What else is new.... the Supercycle gambit - the stationary bike video game I got him for Christmas- may or may not have helped but he nows tools around on his bike, with training wheels, and a new horn and bell I picked up the other day. At first I regretted it (LOUD!) but now I can be on the porch or inside the house with the door open and know where he is. he loves his "musical bike".

Oh yeah, music is still a good thing, he is constantly singing, quite nicely, and we blend well together in impromptu duets. My music lessons and band participation have given me a huge repertoire of kid level background muzak tunes with classic chord progressions and so on. He isn't a prodigy- and I wouldn't push him to be- but he is pretty solid in acquiring a few skills and really enjoys it. A little disappointed with his music class (Yamaha)- his teacher is formulaic rather than truly loving the kids, but he likes it. I think I'll sign him up for a different music class - a summer thing maybe, if I can find one that will work- to check out Kidsnotes. Not sure which for next year.

For my early Mothers Day gift, Nolan came RUNNING to meet me at the door, beaming and wiggling with excitement, with a nicely wrapped gift and card. Our preschool is great, really. The gift was a clothespin butterfly with magnet to hold notes and stuff, and the card - dictated by Nolan, signed and decorated by Nolan- said:

"Mommy, I love you because you make crafts with me. I love eating with you at suppertime. I love going swimming with you at the blue and yellow slide pool.
Love,
Nolan"

So cute. Luckily he didn't slip in something like "I like weekend days when you don't go to work and stay with me all day" - cause he says that too sometimes. Owww.

Well, iut's nice to be back, I will try to get back in the habit. Even without recording things as much as i did I find myself thinking "I hope I can freeze this memory of my boychild so I have it forever". Given my brain though- nonselectively amnesiac- I'd be better off writing more. But clinging to moments of a childs life is futile, I guess, it's the whole trip that changes you and maybe I should just be comforted by the richer human experience and the emotional trip of parenting leaving an imprint on me, even if memories re imperfect. Don't know. I think I am a different person as a Mom- and I like it. Although it can be scary.

I'll post some pictures soon. My very tall (size 13 trending to size 1 feet- my gosh), expressive, medium brown wavy haired, browny-hazel eyed, rosy cheeked boy. Whose eyebrows are startlingly robust- looks like his dad and uncles more and more, but I see me in the expressions and eyes too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home